The stage is finally set for the inaugural Abu Dhabi Showdown Week happening from 1st to 7th September.
For seven days, the capital will be hosting a series of lifestyle events across different venues and culminating with the hard-hitting MMA action dubbed UFC 242.
There’s much going on and you might find yourself overwhelmed with the number of activities lined-up.
Don’t fret, however, as we list down some of the highlights worth taking note about the mega spectacle…
- Abu Dhabi Showdown Week will feature live concerts from popular international acts. Taking the stage on 4th September is the multi-awarded band the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Meanwhile, reggaeton superstar J Balvin will perform the following day, 5th September. Both concerts will take place at the newly built The Arena on Yas Island.
- Visit: ticketmaster.ae
- Health buffs can check out the Abu Dhabi Sports and Fitness Expo at the du Forum on Yas Island from 5th to 7th September. The platform will host a variety of fitness classes, activations and competitions for all ages. Cross-Fit athletes, elite amateur body-builders and fitness celebrities like four-time Mr. Olympia Jay Cutler and Mr. Universe Mike O’ Hearn will be in attendance to inspire guests. Tickets range from AED 50 for one-day pass and AED 120 for three-day pass. Visit: universalmusclefitnessandfashion.club
- The Saadiyat Beach Club will host a pool party on 2nd and 3rd September and fight night viewing event on 7th September. Visit: saadiyatbeachclub.ae
- Aloft Abu Dhabi will stage its ‘Showdown Pool Party’ on 5th September, from 8pm to 3am, featuring DJs Saif and Sound and Darryl Rees. Expect Aloft’s signature rain and foam gimmick to ignite partygoers all night long. Visit: marriott.com/hotels/travel/auhnl-aloft-abu-dhabi
- The Abu Dhabi EDITION will be hosting a poolside brunch every afternoon between 1st and 7th September, and on the night of 6th September for a post-weigh-in after-party at the hotel’s ANNEX nightspot.
- Keep an eye on hotel and mall discounts and promotions throughout the week. Just some of the participating malls (we’ve heard) are Yas Mall, WTC Abu Dhabi and Abu Dhabi Mall.
Abu Dhabi Showdown Week will culminate with the biggest MMA battle to date in the capital.
The match, including the under-card bouts, is scheduled on 7th September from 10 pm at The Arena on Yas Island.