Schools to welcome students, parents and teachers starting tomorrow
For the first time since Covid-19 pandemic hit, over a million students in the UAE will return to full-fledged schooling.
The 2022-2023 academic year begins from Monday, 28th August and for students and educators these are exciting times.
Hazza Al Mansouri, official spokesman for the UAE’s education sector, recently announced updated Covid-19 safety protocols for educational establishments.
Notable changes include doing away with the requirement for periodic PCR testing as well as social distancing in schools or buses, and requiring unvaccinated students to resume in-person learning.
The Abu Dhabi Department of Education and Knowledge (Adek) recently announced the Covid-19 safety rules for students.
- Physical distancing: Students no longer require physical distancing
- PCR testing: Only required on the first day of the school for students aged 12 and over and staff members. The test must have been taken within 96 hours of the first day.
- Vaccination is not mandatory for students.
- Masks: Optional outdoors and mandatory indoors.
- School entry requirement for visitors: Visitors should represent the green pass on their Al Hosn app.
If you are interested in getting your child vaccinated, you might also like this article. Click here