Adventure enthusiasts are invited to come over to one of Abu Dhabi’s most scenic spots for a returning outdoor festival.
Happening from 11th to 20th April, the Al Dhafra Water Festival will take place on Mirfa beach in Al Dhafra Region for nine days of fun and intense action.
Just like in previous years, the festival will parade water and land activities such as windsurfing, kite flying, skiing, boat races, camping, beach volleyball and beach football, among many others.
Local and foreign watersport athletes are also coming to compete, with the turquoise waters and natural scenic background adding excitement to the entire proceedings.
Now before you start packing your stuff to begin the roadtrip, make sure you have your checklist sorted out so you get to enjoy the festival problem-free…
- While part of Abu Dhabi, Al Dhafra is located far from the city. Make sure your car is in good condition to make the travel smooth and bump-free. Bring snacks and water should hanger pangs strike while on the road.
- Make sure you know where you’re going by researching about the place beforehand. Use a map or a navigation app – either way, it’s best to save on travel time and arrive to the place without delay.
- The festival is held outdoor so bring comfortable clothing and sunblock lotion to protect your skin and sunglasses and visors for the eyes.
- It might be a good idea to bring binoculars to get a clear view of the watersport competition.
- Bring enough cash so you can purchase food and items from the traditional market on the site. Just making sure in case the shops are not accepting credit card purchases.
- Don’t forget to charge your phone, camera and camcorder devices. Better yet, bring a reliable powerbank so you can take Insta-worthy snaps at all times.
- But don’t get too hang up with your gadgets while there. Al Dhafra is an awesome, picturesque place best appreciated with your own eyes.