The national carrier has allowed passengers to carry a cat or dog
The Abu Dhabi based carrier has increased rates for carrying cats or dogs from AED 734 to AED 5,500. Etihad Airways always allows guests to fly with their pets, however due to operational restrictions they have changed their prices.
The new prices do not apply to existing confirmed bookings. Under the new pricing structure, the UAE’s national carrier said it will cost AED 5,500/- or 215,000 Etihad Guest Miles each way to travel with a cat or dog in economy.
If you’d prefer to book an adjacent seat travelling in economy, you’ll be charged for the cost of an extra seat plus AED 5,500/- each way.
Due to government-imposed restrictions, travellers will not be permitted to travel with their pet on board to and from India ( Ahmedabad and Trivandrum ). Maldives, South Africa and the UK (London ).
Flying with pets to Australia, China, the UK ( Manchester ) and the US is also not permitted.
Here’s the guidelines for travelling with pets on Etihad Airways flights
- In Economy, pets must sit in their carrier at all times. Either under your seat or an adjacent seat.
- In Business or First, pets must sit in their carrier on an adjacent seat. They will not be permitted under your seat.
- Carriers must not exceed 40 x 40 x 22 cm ( L x W x H ) to fit under the seat. 50 x 43 x 50 cm ( L x W x H ) for an adjacent seat purchased.
- Additional seats must be purchased in advance.
- The cat or dog must be at least 16 weeks old and weigh no more than 8kg, including their carrier.
- Travellers must be at least 18 years old to travel with a pet.
- Passenger must not be seated on an Exit Row seat.