All roads lead to Yas Beach this weekend as big named artists take on the stage for a returning festival.
Happening from 29th to 30th, Club Social will combine beach sports, shopping stalls, fitness classes, food trucks and live music.
Headlining the event on the first day is British dance band Bastille.
The band is known for popularising the hits Pompeii, Of the Night and Laughter Lines.
To mark the group’s upcoming capital performance, here are some things to know about the hit-making group…
- Bastille started as a solo project by vocalist Dan Smith before expanding into a full-band line up that now includes Kyle Simmons (keyboard), Will Farquarson (bass-vocals) and Chris Wood (drums).
- The band’s name is inspired by Bastille Day, which refers to France’s national day celebrated on 14th July.
- Bastille’s first record is a double-sided EP released in 2010 and featured the tracks ‘Flaws’ and ‘Icarus’.
- Bastille’s breakthrough hit ‘Pompeii’ is the fourth single from the band’s debut album Bad Blood. The song is inspired by the Roman town that was buried following the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in AD 79.
- ‘Pompeii’ is the most streamed song of all time in the United Kingdom.
- The band performed at The British Museum for the opening of the ‘Life and Death in Pompeii and Herculaneum’ exhibition. This makes Bastille the first band to ever perform at the said museum.
- The band has their own hot sauce called Bastille’s Bad Blood Hot Sauce, which they bring with them during tours.
Free for stranded entry, AED 195 ticket for Bastille.