American rock band the Red Hot Chili Peppers are UAE-bound – finally!
The four-piece group from Los Angeles, California, will be performing on 4th September at The Arena, a new indoor venue on Yas Island.
The band’s performance is for the Abu Dhabi Showdown Week, a seven-day event culminating on 7th September for the UFC 242.
Making up the band are Anthony Kiedis (vocals), Flea (bass), Chad Smith (drums) and Josh Klinghoffer (guitars).
Some of the band’s biggest hits include ‘Soul to Squeeze’, ‘Give It Away’, ‘Under the Bridge’, ‘Scar Tissue’ and ‘Californication’, along with 11 studio albums under its name.
Excited to see the band live? Get to know RHCP more with these trivia…
- Red Hot Chili Peppers were formed in Los Angeles by singer Anthony Kiedis, guitarist Hillel Slovak, bassist Flea, and drummer Jack Irons.
- The band’s original name was Tony Flow and the Miraculously Majestic Masters of Mayhem.
- The band’s first performance was at the Rhythm Lounge club to a crowd of approximately 30 people.
- Landing several gigs in LA, the band changed its name to Red Hot Chili Peppers.
- RHCP is one of the best-selling bands of all time with over 80 million records sold worldwide.
- Red Hot Chili Peppers was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2012.
Information on tickets for Red Hot Chili Peppers’ Abu Dhabi Showdown Week concert will be announced in the coming days.
Ticket prices start from AED 250 to AED 995 for Platinum
Fans can head to www.adshowdownweek.ae to register ahead of the sale period.