The Founder of modern-day UAE, Sheikh Zayed has done much to make this emirate great. Here’s five of the best acts he’s carried out for the greater good.
- One of first projects he implemented in Al Ain as governor of Abu Dhabi’s Eastern Region, Sheikh Zayed ordered the construction of Falaj Al-Saruj irrigation system in the Garden City in 1948.
- Knowing the value of education, the Founding Father established the first government-run school, Al Nahyaneia, in Al Ain in 1960, and the first all-girls school in 1962.
- In 1981 Shiekh Zayed inaugurated the first GCC Summit in Abu Dhabi.
- An order from the UAE’s Founding Father in 1984 stated that public and private buildings and facilities across the country must incorporate Islamic character in their design.
- The UAE was among the first countries in the world to draft an anti-money laundering law, thanks to a law issued by Sheikh Zayed in 2002 citing the act as a criminal offence.
We’re sure those facts have whet your appetite for insights on this great men, so log on to www.albaytmitwahid.ae to view A Tale of Hundred Years – Zayed’s Vision of the Future, a book that traces the country’s evolution as founded on the late leader’s concept of a nation that is progressive, sustainable and inclusive.