This Ramadan, stories unfold and traditions are celebrated at this community mall in Abu Dhabi.
The Galleria Al Maryah Island is inviting families to experience complimentary ‘Hakawati’, or live storytelling sessions.
Here they can listen to exciting Arabian folk tales including 1001 Nights and engaging stories about the UAE’s history and culture.
- Three magical storytelling sessions hosted every night starting 13th April until the last day of Ramadan. Timings: 8 pm (in English), 9 pm & 10 pm (in Arabic). Each session is 30 minutes.
- New stories will be told every day, keeping things fresh and exciting. Location: Central Kitchens, Level 3 at the dedicated Hakawati storytelling installation.
Area will be fully sanitised after each storytelling session as a precautionary measure to ensure the safety of guests.
- Maximum capacity is 20 guests per session including kids to ensure social distancing.
- Advance booking is mandatory to ensure a seating on a specific day/time.
- Bookings can be made here: https://storiesunfold.ae/register
In addition, The Galleria Al Maryah Island is also hosting the below activities during Ramadan:
- Charity initiative – in partnership with Supreme Council of Motherhood & Childhood, The Galleria is calling on the community to donate gently used or new toys and books to support underprivileged children across the UAE and Yemen. A donation box will be placed on Level 2, near the Food Court.
- Iftars/Suhoors – those breaking their fast, or looking to spend quality time with loved ones can choose from a varied range of dining options from award-winning restaurants such as Zuma, Coya, LPM Restaurant & Bar or family favourites such as The Cheesecake Factory, PF Chang’s and Asha’s.
- Instagrammable décor – spectacular Ramadan décor will adorn the mall, creating a welcoming ambience and making for a perfect photo backdrop.
For the latest updates on Ramadan activities, Ramadan Iftar/Suhoor offers and more, please visit: www.thegalleria.ae/ramadan or follow @TheGalleriaUAE.
We certainly look forward to observing the Holy month in retrospection, prayer & gratitude