Back for its fourth instalment is the Mother of the Nation Festival – the annual event that celebrates the legacy and values of Sheikha Fatima bint Mubarak, chairwoman of the General Women’s Union and president of the Supreme Council for Motherhood and Childhood.
This year’s edition though promises to be bigger, with more exciting attractions and diverse programmes on the menu.
For starters, there are six family-friendly sections where guests of all ages can openly explore: Happiness, Souq and F&B, Progress and Special Olympics.
Here are five reasons to get excited about the event happening from 12th to 23rd March in Al Bahar on the Corniche…
- Event regulars will be glad to know that there are many new attractions to check out including Transporta, an interactive digital and multimedia experience on quantum mechanics; the Art-Zoo Inflatable Park, touted as the largest of its kind; Gastrobeats best for avid music and food fans; and an Esports Arena for gamers of all skill levels.
2. A series of exciting live entertainment will take place at the main stage area including Saudi superstar Rabeh Sager and international DJ and Abu Dhabi first timer Nicky Romero.
3. The Special Olympics Zone will host a beach volleyball event from 12th to 20th March pitting teams from ten countries in a four-on-four style tournament with Special Olympics athletes participating.
4. There will be daily display of laser and lights shows in the evening. But that pales in comparison to the fireworks competition – the first in the UAE – taking place for 20 minutes on Fridays and Saturdays. The spectacle will feature 360 metres of fireworks, with pyrotechnics experts from South Korea, the Netherlands, Australia and Canada all competing to take home the crown.
5. The excitement will shift to Yas Marina Circuit on Yas Island for the heart-stopping Abu Dhabi debut of Cirque de Soleil. The world-renowned troupe will dazzle with its brand of breathtaking stunts for its Cirque du Soleil Bazaar performance until 16th March. Visit www.tixbox.com for ticket information.
For more information about the event including ticket prices, visit www.motn.ae