The first performer for this year’s Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix has been announced.
American rapper Travis Scott will take on the stage on 29th November, Friday, and is expected to perform his hits such as ‘Sicko Mode’, ‘Antidote’ and ‘Yosemite’ and many others taken from his three studio albums including last year’s critically acclaimed Astroworld.
Just like in previous years, the after-race concerts are free to attend for F1 tickets holders.
Tickets are now available for purchase and buyers can opt to go for the ‘Golden Circle’ upgrades starting from AED 195 to get the best access to the concerts.
Don’t miss out also on the 30 percent ‘Early Bird’ discount for those that purchase their tickets before 31st May. With all that being said, here are some fun facts to know about Travis Scott…
- His real name is Jacques Berman Webster II.
- He was born on 30th April 1992 and grew up in Missouri City.
- He dropped out from the University of Texas at San Antonio and moved to New York City to pursue a career in music.
- Travis Scott is known for his many nicknames including Cactus Jack, La Flame and Travi$ Scott.
- He cites Kid Cudi, M.I.A., Kanye West, Toro y Moi, Tame Impala and T.I. as his main influences.
- His released three albums to date: Rodeo (2015), Birds in the Trap Sing McKnight (2016) and Astroworld (2018).
- Astroworld was met with positive reviews and was certified double platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA).
- Astroworld was nominated for Best Rap Album at the 61st Annual Grammy Awards, with ‘Sicko Mode’ receiving nominations for Best Rap Performance and Best Rap Song.
Travis Scott recently collaborated with Nike’s Jordan brand. The sneaker dubbed Air Jordan 1 High OG TS was highly anticipated by sneakerheads that it sold out instantly, making it a true collectors edition.