Log on to the Louvre Abu Dhabi and journey back into time as you discover a collection of artefacts rotating exhibitions and attractions.
This internationally acclaimed museum is expanding its digital offering on mobile app and online.
Go on virtual tours, explore audio and video content and download fun yet informative activities for children. In these days of e-learning for schools, it’s a great move since kids can learn about ancient Egypt, the Roman Empire, Islamic history, along with the world’s greatest artists.
The great thing is that it’s absolutely free.
Of course, adults will also enjoy virtually discovering what the Louvre Abu Dhabi has to discover, so go on, log on and learn about the world from the comfort of your own home.
For more information visit louvreabudhabi.ae or download the app on your Apple or Android device.
Inspired by the architecture and traditions of the UAE, the Louvre Abu Dhabi is extraordinary.
We’ve looked at 10 interesting facts about the museum.
- The huge floating dome weighs approximately 7,500 tonnes.
- There is a total of 7,850 stars that make the geometric structure.
- The highest point of the dome is 40 metres above sea level.
- Visitors can explore 55 detached buildings.
- The lifting weight capacity of the super-sized crane used during construction is 1,600 tonnes.
- The largest star is 13 metres in diameter and weighs 1.3 tonne.